Terms of Service
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms Service, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you will be prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. All posts become the property of The Intelligent Rant once published.
- In order to use The Intelligent Rant you must sign up for a free account. This allows us to keep track of who posted on the site and what they posted.
- All posts will be moderated prior to being made public. Should they contain any racist, defamatory, derogatory, malicious or pornographic content, you will be banned from the site and your post will never be posted. This is a zero tolerance policy.
- Please use profanity sparingly. Profanity will be accepted only if it is used in context. Gratuitous profanity will result in your post being redacted or not published. We reserve the right to edit your post. We will notify you if we are going to edit.
- Plagiarism will not be allowed. The Intelligent Rant will not be responsible for material that is not yours. You will bear the full brunt of any action resulting from you posting content that is plagiarized. This is a zero tolerance policy.
The materials on The Intelligent Rant’s web site are provided “as is”. The Intelligent Rant makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Intelligent Rant does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Intelligent Rant or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Intelligent Rant’s Internet site, even if The Intelligent Rant or a The Intelligent Rant authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Intelligent Rant’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Intelligent Rant does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Intelligent Rant may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Intelligent Rant does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Intelligent Rant has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Intelligent Rant of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
7. Site Terms of Service Modifications
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Intelligent Rant’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We collect your full name and email address to be able to participate on the site. We also collect your IP address for the purposes of identification and monitoring.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will not sell or distribute any personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.